- 10/17/2020 - 11:30Am - Colo. Springs Homefield - Jackson Park -
Goodwill Match - Open to all members
Per CDC/Colorado State Guidlines for Organized recreational sports: CVBBA Rules
• Organized youth or adult recreational sports leagues in groups of up to 25 players, excluding coaches and referees/umpires, are permitted. CVBBA will adhere to the 25 player maximum rule and will ask members to leave if that limit is reached.
• Spectators are strongly discouraged for adult sports. Spectators, like parents, are permitted for youth sports, so long as members from different households maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from each other. CVBBA will discourage spectators from attending and any that do show will be asked to sign a waiver acknowledging their risk to possibly being exposed to covid-19
• Maintain contact information and team rosters, and be prepared to support local public health contact tracing efforts if exposures occur. The Club Captain will be required to keep a record/roster of all ballists present and ensure they are currently paid, and have the CVBBA waiver, along with the Covid-19 waiver signed before being allowed to play
• Consider participating in low or no-contact sports (like baseball, cross country, or cycling) instead of high-contact sports (like wrestling or soccer).
• Do not share snacks or water, except in emergency situations. Ballists will be required to supply their own water and snacks for the events. There will be no communal water jug at the matches moving forward.
• Consider encouraging use of personal equipment such as bats, mitts, rackets, etc. CVBBA highly encourages the use of personal equipment to avoid sharing. CVBBA will provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer so any shared equipment can be wiped down in between uses. The club to take to the field will be required to use hand sanitizer to limit the spread of any possible germs, bacteria that could be transferred to the ball.
• Consider only holding games with other teams every 2 weeks, to minimize the number of new teams of players interacting. Regular practices with the same group are fine. As the board we looked into holding matches every 2 weeks but feel that since we are such a small organization with only 3 teams that we can safely continue holding matches every week/or as scheduled
• Games that require extensive travel are strongly discouraged.
• Practice social distancing of 6 feet from other households during drop off/pick up of players. The CVBBA will highly encourage social distancing of 6ft or more when in the dugout/sidelines
• Masks are encouraged where feasible (i.e. in dugouts, by coaches, by spectators) CVBBA will encourage the wearing of masks when not in the field playing but will also not make it a requirement per the cdc guidelines of it being a suggestion.
• Competitive events such as races and endurance events are allowed as long as social distancing and limitations on group size can be maintained. This includes implementing staggered start times and making efforts to prevent gatherings at starts and finishes, so that no more than 10 people are gathered at a time.
Join the CVBBA